Knee-high boots have been enjoying a resurgence in popularity over the past few years, and it's easy to see why. These boots offer numerous benefits beyond just keeping your legs warm during the winter. They exude a sense of timeless elegance and possess the remarkable ability to elevate any outfit.
Whether you're dressing for the office, a casual weekend outing, or a glamorous night on the town, knee-high boots prove to be a versatile and stylish addition to your wardrobe. Explore the latest trends in knee-high boot styles this season, ranging from classic black leather options to vibrant, eye-catching varieties. Furthermore, discover how to effortlessly incorporate knee-high boots into various outfits to suit your personal style.
Styles of Knee High Boot
Classic Flat Knee-High Boots: Embrace all-day comfort with flat knee-high boots. Crafted from luxurious materials like leather or suede, these boots are a statement in themselves. They effortlessly complement a range of outfits. Pair them with skinny jeans, a casual t-shirt, and a leather jacket for a chic off-duty ensemble. Alternatively, make a stylish statement by teaming them with a short skirt or dress for a sophisticated evening look.
Elegant Heeled Knee-High Boots: Elevate your style with heeled knee-high boots that exude sophistication. Opt for a neutral tone like classic black for a touch of glamour, or take a bold step by selecting a pair in vibrant, 70s-inspired hues. We have so many amazing vintage pairs stocked in our shop, some more minimal and others with classic buckle details.
Chic Slouch Knee-High Boots: Slouch suede knee-high boots epitomise an effortlessly stylish look, especially when worn with bare legs, a mini skirt, and a cosy chunky knit. This ensemble is perfect for a relaxed weekend outing or a romantic date night. These versatile boots also pair beautifully with jeans, offering a contemporary twist to a classic style. Keep your jacket cropped to let your boots take centre stage in your outfit.
How to style knee-high boots with different types of trousers:
Pairing Knee-High Boots with Skinny Jeans: Knee-high boots effortlessly complement your favourite pair of skinny jeans. Opting for skinny jeans and tucking them into your boots allows you to showcase the full length of these elegant boots. Alternatively, wearing baggier jeans and allowing only the bottom of your boots to show will give your jean-outfit a cool, effortless feel. For a quick and elegant winter look, simply throw on with a cosy jumper.
Daytime Contrast with Jeans or Cargo Trousers and Boots: During the daytime, why not create a stylish contrast between the colour of your jeans/cargos and boots. Consider pairing blue jeans with black knee-high boots for a striking ensemble, or opt for neutral cargo trousers with brown boots to add depth and character to your daytime look. This combination adds a touch of sophistication to your daytime attire.
Sophisticated Evening Ensemble: For a cohesive and refined nighttime outfit, choose to wear black jeans with black knee-high boots. This monochromatic pairing exudes a sense of elegance and unity, making it the perfect choice for an evening out, wherever the location.
How to style knee-high boots with dresses and skirts:
Matching Knee High Boots with Dresses: Elevate your style with knee-high boots paired with dresses for a chic and contemporary appearance. Whether your dress is casual or dressy, knee-high boots can effortlessly enhance your overall look in a more sophisticated or rock-style vibe. For a daytime ensemble, consider donning flat knee-high boots beneath a midi dress, adding a touch of sophistication to your outfit. If you're aiming for a more refined evening look, opt for high-heeled knee-highs boots to complement a mini dress. Versatile black knee-high boots are a go-to choice, seamlessly matching with a wide range of outfits, while brown variations tend to excel when paired with more relaxed attire.
Pairing Knee-High Boots with Skirts: Don't limit your knee-high boots to dresses alone; they also pair beautifully with skirts. For a rugged yet stylish twist, experiment with cargo skirts that offer a utilitarian aesthetic. Knee-high boots, whether flat or heeled, create a captivating contrast with the ruggedness of cargo skirts, resulting in a fashion-forward look that balances edginess with femininity. This pairing allows you to showcase your individuality and trendiness, making a bold statement no matter the occasion.
Knee-High Boot Styling Advice
1. Embrace the Right Fit: Achieving the best look with knee-high boots begins with the perfect fit. Seek out styles that snugly hug your ankle and calf, avoiding any sagging or bagginess.
2. For Fuller Calves: Women with larger calves can opt for boots featuring a wide calf or shaft (please check out listing measurements to get the right boot for you). This choice not only prevents pinching but also creates the illusion of longer, leaner legs. Consider thicker or wider heels or wedges to balance out the proportions gracefully.
3. Flattering Thin Calves: Disguise thin calves with boots adorned with attention-grabbing details like buckles or straps, diverting attention away from the calf area. Boots with adjustable ties provide a great option, as they can be cinched to fit snugly around slender calves.
4. Elongate the Leg: If you're on the shorter side, look for knee-high boots with higher heels or wedges to elongate your legs. Opt for rounded or pointed toe styles, as they contribute to the illusion of added height. Avoid boxy or square-toed boots, which can visually shorten your legs.
5. Office-Ready Choices: Reserve casual styles like moto boots and Uggs for the weekend. When dressing for the office, opt for classic, riding, or dress boots that exude professionalism and sophistication.
6. Boho Chic Vibes: To achieve a more Bohemian look, explore slouchy boots, suede textures, or lace-up designs that infuse a free-spirited and artistic touch to your attire.
7. Perfect Pant Length: Ensure your pants hover about ½ to 1 inch above the floor, allowing for a slight break where they meet the boot. For wider-legged pants, consider going slightly longer, so only the toe of the boot peeks out, maintaining a polished appearance.
8. Play with Tights: Inject personality and texture into your outfit by wearing patterned or coloured tights with skirts and dresses. This small detail can add a unique flair to your overall look, making it more captivating and expressive.
Shop our full range of vintage knee-high leather boots here.